My shop!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It begins....

I never figured I would be a blogger...it always struck me as something people who have a lot of time on their hands do, or something people who have a lot to say do...and I fall into neither category particularly...but here I am!  Somehow ready to share my thoughts with the world...or at least those few random people who happen to stumble upon this and read past the first sentence.

Let me apologize off the bat for the way I write....it tends to be a bit of a stream of consciousness.  Hence the excessive use of ellipses.  And if you are an english major, or a grammar guru, please, please, please, don't penalize me for this!

The purpose of this blog is to share with you all (or you 3 if that's how it turns out) about my new adventure in life.  I took that brave new step, and opened an etsy shop.  To share my craft with the world, for better or worse.  For those of you that don't know, etsy is an online shop that supports local artists/crafters and the handmade movement.  And it is full of amazing and wonderful things!  So really this blog will kinda be a running commentary on that...meant to do 2 things: 1) share the trials and tribulations of my new craft and navigating the weird and wonderful world of etsy, and b) to inspire you all to give it a try!  If I can do it,  (albeit not with much success...yet!) so can you!

So begins "My life in the garage..."  I work with resin (necklace pendants mostly but also earrings and magnets) and it is stinky stuff.  So my crafting area has become the garage...which is unheated...we'll see how much I get done once winter arrives.  ;) 

ttfn

click on the picture to the right, follow the links at the bottom, click on www.chickadeesigns.etsy.com if you want to see more of what I make.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! You will do great. Love your stuff. It's really cute, I think you will do well on etsy.

    Follow me if you haven't already http://etsydlist.blogspot.com/

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete