My shop!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spice girls

I discovered a blog written by a friend of mine yesterday...and could not stop reading!!! www.baby-mamas-drama.blogspot.com  I have been a bit lackadaisical  on writing on this one, but I think I'm turning over a new leaf and I'm going to attempt to write more.  This is not a new year's resolution or anything, so I don't need to be penalized for having already failed, but I also can't write that often about crafting.  Not that it doesn't take up most of my spare thinking time, it does.  But mostly because who wants to read those thoughts?!?!  So, I've decided/been inspired to write more about my random musings outside of crafting...hence the slight change to the blog title.  Here goes....

While I was getting ready for my day job this morning I was thinking about my hair.  I love my hair.  It's short (longer than ears, shorter than shoulders) and kinda punky cute.  I used to have long hair (shoulder to slightly longer counts as long in my world) and cut it off about 2 years ago.  Partly inspired by a friend who I totally have hair envy of and partly because I needed a change.  The one thing I miss is being able to pull it back into a ponytail when I'm having a bad hair day...there just isn't that option with short hair...like 2 days ago, where I realized a couple hours into my day that oops! I had not completely rinsed all the conditioner out so the back of my head had this weird greasy feel to it all day....at least it was soft.  But a ponytail would have come in handy...for that and for playing sports...short hair does get in your face.  If I was a spice girl, I guess I would align with sporty spice...although really I strive to be scary spice. Because come on, who wouldn't want to wear platform boots and leopard print pants!?!? Really.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging! I warn you, it's kind of addictive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my problem is that I'll be in bed thinking all these things that would be great/funny to write but I don't want to go get my computer from downstairs to actually write them...then I forget them come morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the friend you have hair envy of?

    ReplyDelete